About "Indigo Bengkung Belly Bind"...
There is something so magical knowing that Indigo dye - this very dye and technique - has been used for centuries in ancient civilizations in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Asia and Africa, just to name a few. It is one of the oldest dyes to be used for textile dyeing and printing. Though it is a very challenging dye to work with in its natural form, every bind that I have the honor of dying with Indigo, comes out so incredibly beautiful and rich, that it makes the work so worth the beauty. A very unique dying process that I have come to thoroughly appreciate.
- Made from 100% unbleached cotton muslin and hand dyed.
- Hand-dyed with non-toxic, 100% vegan dyes.
- Approximately 17 yards long (easily cut to appropriate size in order to accommodate your changing postpartum body).
- Approximately 9 inches wide.
Should you choose to upgrade to the set, it includes:
- 4 oz. jar of Healing Alchemy Organic Firming & Tightening Belly Balm. No mixing with a carrier, no mess, and no ingredients to stain your bind or clothing - ready to use. Learn more about our balm here.
- Sewn cotton under cloth. Some women like to use the under cloth in between the balm and the bind to keep their bind from getting oil on it. You certainly don't need to use it but you have it just in case!
17 yard binds (standard size) - US women's waist up to sizes 16 - 18. No maximum height.